Strange Web Client Error

Hi all,

I’m sitting in a hotel in Scotland the night before going on site for a client and honestly, I’m baffled.

Earlier this morning I was checking an implementation of Dynamics GP 2015 R2 and Web Client and found that I got a Web Client error message when using the lookup on the Sales Transaction Entry window for Fulfilment Orders.

The error text is as follows:

Severity: Critical
Summary: A server side exception of type "FormatException" has occurred.
Details:
FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Web.Services.Runtime.Dexterity.Implementation.Adapters.WCDexStringValueChangedNotificationAdapter.Notification_StringValueChanged(Object sender, DexValueChangedEventArgs`1 e)
   at Microsoft.Dexterity.Runtime.Interop.DexNotification.OnStringValueChanged(DexUri uri, String value, DexControlType controlType)
   at Microsoft.Dexterity.Runtime.Interop.Win32.NativeMethods.MsaClickHit(DexUri uri)
   at Microsoft.Dexterity.Runtime.Interop.Win32.NativeMethods.<>c__DisplayClass11.<MacroSystemClickHit>b__10()
   at Microsoft.Dexterity.Runtime.Interop.Win32.NativeMethods.ExecuteUriMsaAction(Func`1 interopAction, String entryPoint, DexUri uri)
   at Microsoft.Dexterity.Runtime.Interop.Win32.NativeMethods.MacroSystemClickHit(DexUri uri)
   at Microsoft.Dexterity.Runtime.Interop.DexMacroSystem.ClickHit(DexUri dexUri)
   at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Web.Services.Runtime.Dexterity.Implementation.WCDexMessageProcessor.ProcessClickInstanceResourceMessage(IWCDexMessage msg)
   at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Web.Services.Runtime.Dexterity.Implementation.WCDexMessageProcessor.Process(IWCDexMessage message)
   at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Web.Services.Runtime.Dexterity.DexRuntimeStateManager.SendMessage(IWCDexMessage message)
   at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Web.Services.Runtime.Dexterity.DexRuntimeStateManager.MainEventLoop()

From the way I read the error, it seems to me that it’s seeing a type of data that it doesn’t expect? I’m not entirely sure.

I troubleshot this quite extensively and found that it is data related, only happens for this Document Type and in this company… and only on the Web Client.

I checked SOP10100 and couldn’t see anything strange here. In the end, I had to go through the orders removing them in batches until I found the batch that fixed the issue, I kept restoring and moving smaller batches on the Desktop Client navigation lists until I found the order that was causing the issue.

So, I have the data that’s causing the issue, but I have no idea why as the data looks perfectly fine to me, compared to other rows of data it looks roughly the same apart from the differences that you would expect.

At some point when I have more time I may have a look into this a little more but for now it’s only a staging upgrade with old data, so may have to tackle this in the near future properly.

If anyone has seen something similar or have an idea of what it may be, or has a better understanding of the error message, please let me know!

Quick edit: Deleting the order has fixed the problem, but isn’t the ideal solution…

Share on Social Media:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *